Monday, November 5, 2007

page reflection

a) I am thrilled with my work because... I am suprised how well i did on the content of my research and putting all my ideas into the project. I had some awsome responses on my work. People think that my idea is cool, original, and well put together in a unique way. When most people think of graffiti they see it as vandalism but in my project, I put a different perspective on people's thoughts around graffiti - seeing graffiti as a positive form of art in the community.

b) I never thought I... would be able to turn what people see as vandalism into peaceful artwork in the community. I had doubts that the project would turn out this cool - I thought it would just be another lousy project. When I first started this project I didn't think this topic was suitable for a school project because graffiti is illegal and it is hard to put / protray graffiti in a positive way.

c) The things that were most difficult... I wasn't sure how I can turn my interest in graffiti into a project for shcool because again as mentioned before most people see graffit as vandalism - it was hard to get people's interest into my topic. My project worked out amazingly with some help and great ideas from peter and bonita

d) Here is a list of all the steps, in sequence, of how I accomplished this project:
1. explore and learn how to use Google Earth ... for example, I learned how to navigate the earth.
2. I learn how to formualte driving questions using Bloom's Revised Taxonomy
3. I brainstormed ideas and formulated my own driving question
4. I researched and gathered pictures and information from the internet
5. I reflected on my topic and my research and wrote a reflection of what I have done and my troubleshoots which led me into writing the text for my project
6. I uploaded my images to Google's Picasa but then rezlied RockYou was a better program then Picasa, and so I re-upload my photos to RockYou.
7. I put everything together into Google Earth using trail and error - the links, the text, the pictures
8. Once I had all the information into the placemark, I eleborated my work by customizing my placemark (from a Tack to a Spraycan). I also changed the background color to attract attention from the audience / viewers.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Colin, I am extremely impressed with both your project and with your thoughtful reflections about it.

It thrills me, as a teacher and co-learner, to watch you 'take charge' and to recognize that when you love a topic you can excel.

thx for sharing